Deck and Patio Blog
Fencing Material Selection Guide
August 31, 2017
Thinking about installing a fence around your property? There are a few things to consider before choosing the type of fencing material that will best suit your needs!
- Purpose: What is the reason you are having a fence installed? Are you considering purchasing a new pet and need an enclosed outdoor space? Do you want a fence for security, or simply for looks?
- Size: What size is your yard? How much of the space on your property would you like to fence in? Will you need fencing on all sides, or will your fence be built onto a neighboring fence?
- Privacy: If there are other homes nearby or your house is located near a main road or busy intersection, how much privacy do you need?
Once you have figured out your purpose, size, and privacy needs, you can begin to explore the different types of fencing materials to help determine which will work best for you:
- Made from synthetic plastics
- Very strong material that can withstand more impact than other fencing materials
- Flexible, so it can tolerate severe weather without cracking, bending or warping
- Good for the environment, recyclable and non-toxic material
- Less costly to produce = less costly to install and maintain
- Low maintenance requirements (basic cleaning can be performed simply with soap and water)
- Stronger than wood and can withstand damage easier
- Matches almost any yard style and landscape type
- Does not rust
- Gives the appearance of wrought iron without being costly
- Doesn’t require painting
- Comes with multiple coatings to protect against the elements
- One of the most durable materials available
- Comes in many different styles
- Natural and sleek appearance that complements almost any landscape
- Strength of this material makes steel fences nearly impenetrable
- Add value to your home and can sometimes lower your insurance premium
- Great for security
Still not sure which fencing material will work best for your outdoor living space? North American Deck and Patio LLC is a Maryland fencing contractor with over 25 years of experience in the industry! If you’re interested in having a fence installed at your home or would like additional help in deciding which fencing material is best for you, contact one of our professionals today!
Get a FREE
Don't just get an "estimate"... get a professional consultation from the finest designers in the area. Let us show you "the best use of your space," within the budget you have for your project.