Building a new deck can be extremely exciting but also can be a hassle. The first thing you need to do is find a reputable decking contractor in MD. Depending on the complexity of your new deck, you can be working with this contractor and their team for weeks so it’s important that you find one you get along well with and one who understands your vision.
With so many contractors to choose from, it can be overwhelming to try to decide which contractor is best for you. The internet makes it easy to locate them and find reviews, but asking potential deck builders questions will give you a better understanding of the contractor as well as help prevent any miscommunication. There are two categories of questions you should ask them: questions about their qualifications, and questions about your specific deck project.
Experience is vital for any business, you want a contractor that has experience building decks before deciding to hire them. To find out more about their experience/qualifications, ask your deck builder some of these questions:
- How long have you been building decks?
- Are you licensed and registered?
- Can I see a portfolio of your past projects?
- Do you have experience building with deck material I’m interested in?
- What are some problems you’ve encountered on your past projects (and how did you handle them)?
- Do you have insurance?
- Will you need a permit to build my deck? (If they say no, it demonstrates a lack of experience. To build a deck, a permit is required.)
Lastly, you want to ask potential deck builders specific questions about your deck project. This ensures transparency and clarity.
- What recommendations do you have for my deck project?
- Will you get the necessary permits?
- How long do you think it will take to complete the deck?
- When would you be able to start?
Getting the answers to all of these questions will help you determine what deck builder is best for your project.
Looking for a Qualified Decking Contractor in MD?
North American Deck & Patio has over 25 years of experience building beautiful, long-lasting decks. Our professional craftsmen work hard to provide you with a deck that exceeds your expectations. Contact us today to set up a free consultation!